Iwashijima still retains its beauty

This time I’d like to introduce you to Iwashijima, where I lived when I was a junior and a high school student.

出典:岡本 昭夫

I had swam tens of thousands of times on the seashore where Itsukushima jinja is.

Since it is dangerous to swim in the sea in the night, you should not swim. However, one time I swam in the sea in the night with more than twenty friends. A lot of Sea Sparkle produced a beautiful, greenish-blue light in the waves.

Iwashijima still retains its beauty, when I visited there a couple of years ago, I found a stick insect which I rarely see these days.

In fact, Iwashijima is not on the Shimanami kaido. However, some bicyclists are likely to visit Iwashijima. The following video well describes how beautiful Iwashijima’s scenery is.

出典:せいじサイクル紀行Vol.57(しまなみ海道♪"因島~向島~岩子島")

By the way, I took part in the festival that was held in Iwashijima a few years ago.
To be honest, recently I noticed that Iwashijima was filmed for the movie, “karenoautobike, kanojyonoshima” and the film featured a scene of the festival.

It’s just as it appears in the movie, under the lights in the dark night, a scene of many people dancing to repeated songs imprinted on my mind. I was filled with a nostalgic feeling.

I became fond of bike-riding during my high school and a college student days. I believe that you can enjoy Iwashijima not only by bicycle but also by motorbike when you ride the bike slowly.

https://www.google.co.jp/maps/place/岩子島/@34.382158,133.1536359,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x35505559793e28ef:0x86efaca045f0ec9e

今回は、私が中学生の時から大学生になるまで住んでいた岩子島を紹介します。

厳島神社のある海岸ではそれこそ何百回も泳いだことやら。

本当は危ないのでやめた方が良いのですが、友人20人位で夜泳いだこともあります。
夜光虫がキラキラ光っていてとてもキレイでした。

今も自然が豊富なこの島では、最近も訪れた際、今では珍しくなったナナフシを見つけました。

厳密にはしまなみ海道からは外れるのですが、自転車愛好家は岩子島も訪れてくれているようで、以下の様な岩子島の景観がよく分かる動画もアップロードされています。

私は数年前に、岩子島の夏祭りに参加しました。
実は、岩子島は、「彼のオートバイ彼女の島」という映画のロケ地に使われている事を最近になって知ったのですが、この映画でその夏祭りが再現されているのに気付きました。

映画にもあるように、闇の中に灯る明かりの元、繰り返される歌に合わせて多くの人が踊るさまは、とても幻想的でした。

私は高校生の時から大学生の時までバイクにとても興味があり乗っていたのですが、自転車のみならずバイクでのんびり運転するのにも岩子島は最良だと思います。