Onomichi ramen to go

出典
食こそ人生!~おすすめレストランとレシピをご紹介~

Setonaikai oudan cycle route located on Shimanami kaido is the one and only cycling route that crosses straights in Setonaikai.
The road which is about 70 km in length and crosses the straights in Setonaikai from its start point in a city, called Onomichi on the Honshu side.

Onomichi has a lot of appealing points and, in particular, “Onomichi Ramen” is one of them.

While in Japan, there have been booms in ramen popularity time after time, Onomichi Ramen was popular long before such ramen trends.

If you are visiting Shimanami kaido, you should definitely go and try Onomichi Ramen.

If you’ve never heard of Onomichi Ramen, here’s an introduction.

Although I grew up in Onomichi city, I have been working in Tokyo for a long time.
However, I have never eaten such tasty Onomichi Ramen outside Onomichi itself.

I sometimes miss Onomichi Ramen with its fish-stocksoup stock and roast pork backfat! It is really tasty!

出典
しまなみ島旅

These features differentiate Onomichi Ramen among other competitors’ Ramen noodles.

One of the most famous Ramen restaurants in Onomichi is Shukaen. Onomichi people often fondly refer to the restaurant as “Shusan.” Forty years before the so-called ‘ramen booms’ people were lining up in front of it. Even now you regularly see a line of 50 people. If you really want to eat ramen noodles at Shukaen, I suggest you get there as early as possible!

The price of the masterpiece, called Chukasoba, is 600 yen.

By the way, Onomichi ramen is available by mail order nowadays and is popular with many people, though it is not made by Shukaen.
Mail order ramen is produced by a company, called Amochinmi.

When you are hungry after cycling, please try Onomichi ramen!

https://www.google.co.jp/maps/place/朱華園/@34.4099134,133.2007413,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x355101b1ee1513d7:0xd41786b398b762de?hl=en

しまなみ海道にある瀬戸内海横断自転車道は、日本で初めての海峡を横断できる自動車道です。

そしてこの全長約70kmの海を渡る道の本州側の出発地点が、尾道です。

尾道は幾つかの顔を持っていますが、特に有名なのが尾道ラーメン。

日本では、ラーメンは何度かブームになっているのですが、尾道ラーメンはそうしたブームが来るよりはるか前から人気で、40年位前に既にラーメン店の前に行列ができていました。

折角しまなみ海道を訪れたなら、是非尾道ラーメンも堪能したい所。

そこで今回は尾道ラーメンをご紹介致します。

私は尾道で生まれ育ち今は長らく東京で仕事していますが、東京を始め尾道以外の都市にはおいしい尾道ラーメンはないと思います。又、何と言っても、魚の出汁を使ったラーメン汁と沢山浮いた背脂が他のラーメンと大きく異る所。

そのいくつかある人気の尾道のラーメン店において総本山と言えるのが朱華園。前述のように日本でもラーメンのブームは何度かありましたが、この朱華園は40年以上前から行列が続く人気店。因みに、今では50人以上並ぶこともザラにあるようなので、「絶対に食べたい」という人はその点を考慮して早めに行くことをおすすめします。

値段は定番メニューの中華そばが600円。

因みに、朱華園のものではないのですが、通販で買える尾道ラーメンもおいしくて大人気です。

阿藻珍味という会社が作っているものがそれです。

サイクリンがお腹が空いたら、是非尾道ラーメンをお試しあれ!