Finally, I take a ride on the Shinmanami Kaido

Finally, I take a ride on the Shinmanami Kaido.
Here is my report.

My itinerary was to ride a bicycle from Onomichi to Imabari in a day, then stay at a hotel in Imabari. The next day, I returned from Imabari to Onomichi.

Now, this was my first time to take such a long bicycle ride and to ride a road bicycle.

So, how was my trip?

I made a reservation by phone beforehand to rent a road bicycle at the Giant store in the U2 hotel.

This is the one that I rented which cost 12,000 yen for two days.

http://giant-store.jp/giant-store-rentcycle/en/index.html

And, we’re off…Although I don’t think that it is difficult to understand where catch the ferry as it is very close to the U2 Hotel, but just in case I should explain that there are two places where you can catch the ferry. Below is the ferry that departs from nearer the U2 Hotel.

Although the other place is a bit far from the U2 Hotel, the fee is marginally cheaper by 30 yen.

It takes about five minutes to reach Mukaishima by either ferry.

This blue line is the start point to take you to your final destination, Imabari!

When you get off from the ferry, you will see a sign in front of you which has a map of
the Shimanami Kaido written in English, Chinese and Korean, which will raise your spirits!

And you’re off !

遂にShimanami kaidoを走ってきました。
今回はそのレポートをお届けします。

旅行の計画は、1日で尾道→今治まで行って、今治で一泊。
2日めは、今治から尾道への帰路となります。

さてさて、自転車でのこんな長い距離を走るのも初めて、スポーツタイプの自転車に乗るのも初めてのこの旅、どんなことになりますやら。

自転車は、予めU2の中にあるGiantに電話して借りておきました。

以下が借りたロードカーボンで、1泊2日なので12,000円でした。

さあ、いざ出発です。
ここで迷う人はいないと思いますが、尾道市から向島へは船で渡るのですが、念の為に説明しておくと、船乗り場は2箇所あります。U2からすぐの船乗り場からフェリーに乗れば問題ないでしょう。以下が、U2のすぐ近くから出ている方のフェリーです。

以下は、U2からちょっと離れたところにあるフェリーです。こちらの方が30円安いです。船はどちらの船でも5分位で着きます。

この青い線が向島での出発地点です。
船を降りると目の前に英語、中国語、ハングルで書かれた看板もあり、気分も高まります!

いざ出発!